Friday, June 1, 2012

Down 3 pounds in 7 Days

Weight loss  is such a battle sometimes!
I am not the chubby type of person that gorges on sugary garbage, fried foods or soda.
I have weighed the same for about 3 years-no joke- my pant size never got bigger or smaller, I was just "the same" for 3 long years.
I hadn't really been serious about loosing weight until recently when I became very uncomfortable in my own pants. Both a metaphore and a fact.
Being uncomfortable is miserable! not being able to feel confident and successful really hurts too.
So, thus i've been on this no carb diet for now a week.
I weighed myself this AM out of curiosity- curiosity killed the cat...
I'm down 3 lbs.
Its going to be muggy and warm today in Oregon and I decided to wear a looser fitting capri for work- kakhis- yulk- well, they are falling off my rear. 3 lbs shouldn't be that big of a change but-apparently it is because I just wore these things last week and they didn't fall off, they were loose fitting but were not having to be pulled up every few steps I take.
I feel good about the loss... Im feeling pretty blah today however- Its Friday, I still have one more day of work to go until I get my weekend. This week has been very busy at work.
Yesterday was a big birthday bash we put on for folks and well, German Chocolate cake was involved- the smell was lovely-not a big cake eater at all- but..its chocolate..and coconut.. oh dear... But i didn't not give in to temptation, I have will power on this diet and its working thus far!
I have been drinking over 80 oz of water a day- by habit- its there, its in front of me in the office- i'm drinking it-  I add Lemon to it so I will drink it- I hate water-yukky- but  I know its essential for our bodies to have.
I bought a new filter for our Brita pitcher and just fill my bottles at home and take them to work.
My skin has cleared up a lot- not that I had acne anyways but I did have the occasional blemish. And my skin feels better and appears more vibrant. My mood has changed a little too but, I get my moments where i'd like to rip another persons ear off. 

I have been living off of:
sauteed Green beans with fresh garlic
mixed green salad (not iceburg)
turkey
salmon
Tuna
tomatoes
apples
grapes
hard boiled eggs
turkey bacon
scrambled eggs
...............................and water for now 7 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment