Monday, June 11, 2012

Down 5 lbs

......................and i've had nearly no sugar except the AM 4 cups of coffee with real cream flavored artificially with Vanilla. The occasional coffee run during work or Chi Fridays-as I call them.
I have eaten probubly more veggies and fruits than my rabbit has straw. All in all.. I feel pretty good. I haven't had a skin break out in the past 2 weeks and I have so much more energy than I use to.
When I was naughty the other night and bought a small box of Oreo's because I was craving them badddd... I ate them and felt AWFUL! That is just a reminder that...thats not good to eat things like that.
The first week of my diet I was stern with myself! VERY stern! and as the "monthly" sat in and I felt like crum anyways it was hard to resist chocolate.
Anyways...................

So tonight, I had relized that I hadn't eaten since 9am today..and had hardly drank any fluids which is VERY BAD considering I get raging migrains if I don't eat and my blood sugar drops faster than I can put on socks if I hadn't eaten. So, once my vision started getting blurry and I felt very nervous and arrhythmic I knew I needed to eat, and I needed to eat NOW.
So, I fixed myself a chicken salad with my fav. dressing for dinner..munching on it as I type away... its so darn nummy! I haven't had poultry for a while and I have not had any red meat in over 3 weeks. I was raised on homegrown beef once I moved to Vancouver,Washington in 2001 and LOVED steak! it was a weekend staple when my dad would have friends over and we'd BBQ. Now a days, i'm so "burnt" out on red meat and having heard of the "pink slime" aka)ammonia put in beef..im pretty sure I won't be touching the stuff unless it comes from my families farm-where might I add- The animals are treated with dignity and respect- so much respect that they become almost like dog's to my aunt. A few of the heifers are very much loved and get treated like children. They are pasture raised,free roaming-not beyond the property line, and are fed as much as a child.

Anyways..off my soap box on that...
I also have vowed NEVER to eat pork again! after seeing video's of worms coming out of pork cuts and the awful things that happen to Pigs while they are in the slaughter houses-no thanks-

Eating Poultry is hard too after seeing video's of how some chickens are raised-especially videos of Foster Farms ..not so neat..though i'd hope that those awful things that were being done to the chickens has changed and is more humane.

.........again off my soap box..
So i'm finishing my night up..after running around for the majority of the day since 9Am and cleaning house,laundry and late evening sewing session... im spent!
Time to chug my water so I dont wake with a headache tomorrow, as i'm back to work...and finishing this delish salad.........

The diet is still on..and in progress........ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment