Saturday, May 11, 2013

We walked and talked .....Talked to the Ducks...no baby ducks today

..as my husband was walking to work the other day he saw a few baby ducks with Mama duck. How adorable..


Our park across the way is one of my favorite places when I just need to "get out" well, husband and I stayed out too late last night and I didn't wake when I normally do. I woke at 10AM. But,I still wanted to walk.

I drank a cup of coffee to get my engine running smooth and we walked to the park. Around the park and admired the ducks and geese.

The park is so serine. So pretty and well kept in the summer/spring.

So, yesterday I was bummed... out of my body really..

For lunch I got excited to make a lovely salad. I just kind of pulled it out of the air it was good.

Mandarin,Cranberry,walnut salad with raspberry vinaigrette. YUMM!

Nice photo opp for what we should be sticking in our mouth more often... just sayin'... or showing?


I have been growing my own herbs and wheat grass. The grass is primarily for my fur child but, people juice this stuff too..I am thinking of incorporating it into my smoothies. I was really going strong on this diet and here and there i've cheated-im human- so now im back on track.

My sweet basil is sprouting!

I let Gypsee chomp the wheat grass down so it will grow up again. It is good to have fresh grass in her diet as it is my own.
Wheat grass has a very mild yet refreshing taste. I love the water droplets it gets when it is grown just lovely.
My Gerber daisy's are taking off so well im so proud of myself. And my African daisy's are getting huge too they are getting all bushy!

I didn't walk as far as I had ideally wanted. I did a lap around the blocks in the car last night, I wanted to walk this morning. 3.2 miles.. that's a little over a half mile more than my usual walk.. so, tomorrow bright and early!
I feel better though, even though it was a small and short walk it was worth it. I feel as if i've done a little for my heart today that is out of the ordinary. It is already warming up quickly. It is supposed to be in the 80's today here in Oregon. Eh!

One thing about feeling better about yourself is keeping yourself groomed.. well, my dye is wearing off, my roots are showing..its time to get another tube from Sallys and dye those roots!
I've got like 3 colors if not 4 going on. My hair is naturally so brown its black...and keeping those roots in check is hard.. not to mention i've got a LOT of grey hair. More like WHITE but...it is what it is...
Anyhoots... hope you all are having a fantastic weekend. I am off to work soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment