Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Walking at night, A light recipe and the happanin's

Monday//Walking at night means no fun photos. Meh, I enjoy adding photos to my blog. I'm a visual kinda girl myself. I like visualizing what people are doing.
I got home last night from work around 9:20Pm and I really wanted to go for a walk. I basically forced my husband to come with me. Telling him if he didn't I could end up kidnapped!
So, he got up and tagged along. We walked at a brisk pace for 40 minutes and then down a steep incline. My husband is over 6 feet tall so, his stride is a lot easier for him than myself. I basically felt like I was running with my 5'5 stature.
We didn't have a flashlight or flasher of any sorts like your supposed to have. So, one will be invested in shortly. Something like a baton light-not like a maglite but, anyways...

Wednesday//I am back on track with my diet and  i'm feeling better than I had last week.
When Nick and I went walking on Monday night I strained my hip in some way to where the joint hurt pretty bad and was giving me hell. So, I didn't walk on Tuesday and tonight, if its not raining tonight, another night walk will be in order.
For breakfast yesterday (Tuesday) I had an avocado with some sea salt and my usual 5 cups of coffee with creamer.
For lunch I had two home prepared chicken salad wraps with spring mix organic greens, baked chicken strips (from the deli) and poppyseed kraft everything dressing. Along with a glass of ice tea.
For Dinner I had another avocado (i've been on an avocado kick for a while) along with a handful of chocolate drizzled popcorn.
For snack I had a mocha from my favorite coffee stand (Caffeinated Culture)

I also had BBQ'd (On our electric stand bbqer outside) chicken I had marinated but, turned out to be to salty for me so, I gave it to the boys.

I woke up super late- blame that on a catching up marathon with my husband of the prime time shows we have missed. Today for lunch I am making Ceviche YUMM!

                                                                     CEVECHE

I am most likely spelling it wrong but, this is how you make it (I adapted it from a favorite Hispanic co-worker at my last job *Miss her*)

3 limes-small
1 Bushel of cilantro
1 onion (I use purple)
3 tomatoes (I use Roma)
1 small can of diced chilies or Jalapenos- the chilies give it a KICK
1 large can of tuna
1 small can of tuna
Salt, pepper

-------------------- Pull cilantro leafs from bushel after washing PLEASE WASH ALL VEGGIES. Chop,  Set aside
-------------------- Cut onion, then dice into small chunks "Burrito size" is what I call them, Set aside
--------------------Dice your tomatoes, set aside
--------------------Drain your can of hot green stuff (Chilies or Jalapenos)
--------------------Drain both cans of tuna-Dump into a large bowl
....................Slowly add your ingredients, I start with Onions then tomatoes,then cilantro,then a small amout of chilies, then add salt pepper then juice the limes over the mix.

Eat with tortilla chips- I favor white or blue corn.

BAM! you have yourself a Delicious and healthy light meal! I could eat this stuff for breakfast,lunch and dinner. It keeps in the fridge for about 2 days so,I suggest you share with a buddy or you eat it for all meals :) Like I will be doing..

Today is my day off so, i'll be making more sun tea today (hopefully the sun will come out) and crafting to my hearts content while listening to Gregory Alan Isakov ... swoon..

No comments:

Post a Comment