Wednesday, July 25, 2012

2 Months and i'm off my rocker!

This is no longer called a  "diet" as much as it is called watching what I eat and stick in my mouth!
This "diet" was done weeks ago, I couldn't financially keep up with the expensive costs of buying the foods I was.
It is so sad that it is more expensive to eat healthy as compared to eating garbage.  I have not been the type to eat fast food nightly or even once a week. I have not been a sugarphene and I haven't really ever been addicted to brown beverages other than coffee.. I just can't afford the costs of the diet I first started on.
I routinely eat salads,chicken with my fav. dressing DAILY for lunch. For dinner- if I even eat because by the time I get home i'm just exhausted (I work a high energy job) I just want to go to bed. I had to stop drinking water like it was going extinct because I was swelling up like a balloon.
By the time I get home also, i'd rather go to bed or do something relaxing like sew than to go walk around the park or go for a long walk because-ive walked so much at work im just tired and my feet hurt. (Excuses right?) Like many Americans, Gym costs are too high to be a member of one again and I do not have room in our 950 square foot apartment to buy a tredmil or anything like that.
I do however, own a bike and love riding my bike. I was all gunho about buying a bike and riding it everywhere and then the short lived thoughts of that occurred and ended because I would have to go clear out to SE Portland for something-arather and seriously... im not in shape to do that.
I have lost weight 13 lbs and I am not on a "fad" diet or a "pill" diet either. I am on a-eat green veggies and poultry or fish diet- much like of what we grew up on at our mothers house when we were little-she was close to very vegan. -My Aunt (my mothers sister) owns cows and they raise there own beef. When my father was still around his wifes parents were cattle farmers also so,we always had red meat. I am not big on red meat since growing up. I don't mind a steak now and then but, not as much as I use to when I was between 12-17 years old. I'd rather have chicken or turkey.
I remind myself of what not to eat. sometimes I do have cravings like all people and I have to give in. Usually my cravings is chocolate or an ice cream-I am not a person that gorges on the stuff either! 1 small bar or 2 small scoops of ice cream-normally sherbert actually- is what I would eat.
I have cut back on drinking so much water because I have to have it with lemon and it was making me have acid reflux and my feet swelling! PAINFUL!
so anways...that is where I stand right now..

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it SO hard staying on a diet, navigating the expense, the illnesses (like reflux) that make an appearance and trying to find time/money/space to work out.

    You'd think there'd be better solutions.

    Hang in there. Sounds like you're doing a lot of things right.

    ReplyDelete