Monday, April 29, 2013

Cooking for two when one does not want to become more of a vegan!

So...
My husband is not on the diet like I am. He wants to eat what he wants still.
When I met him he was a 6'5 piece of bone..really..I could count his ribs.. yeah..
Now .. 3 1/2 years later (we wed after 6 months!) he looks healthy and I no longer have to wake with a bruise on my cheek from his shoulder.
My husband the day we wed.
My husband and I at our first Winterhawks game of the season
So, I try to cook semi healthy for my husband. I don't try to use processed products for his meals.
For his breakfast this morning I made him apple cinnamon pancakes (not from scratch) uncured apple wood smoked bacon and fried potatoes. Calories HELLO!

I had 2 fried eggs and 32oz of Coffee (i'm an addict)
For a snack today i'll have an apple and some peanut butter. I work this morning so I will be taking these with me.
For lunch today I will have a quinoa salad that I prepared last night.
One of the key ideas of loosing weight and keeping myself on track I cook for myself in large quantities so I won't have to do it for a few days. This helps me NOT want to just grub on "whatever foods".
These are high in protein and fiber. The above two are lime cilantro quinoa and the other two are cranberry,carrot,chickpea slaw quinoa. If you haven't added quinoa to your diet I would suggest so. both of these dishes would go well with poultry.
To cut back on my consumption of tazo tea-because its getting "boring" I made Sun tea the other day and it sits in a gallon jar in my fridge..YUM
A simple box of Lipton Tea bags is less than $5.00 for 100 of them here in Oregon. I added 1/2 cup a sugar which,may sound like a lot (it is) but, I can't drink straight tea.
I may even get crazy an add freshly squeezed lemon juice for an Arnold Palmer.. mmmm yum

I have been staying pretty active around the house. A body in motion stays in motion. So very true!
I was pretty excited to plant all these pretties as we haven't had a deck full of blooms EVER and I grew up planting and having a small garden. This was necessary this year.
Gerber daisys, strawberries,elephant garlic,chives,basil,sweet mint, grapefruit mint (devine) and a few other odd perenials.


No comments:

Post a Comment